2023 Student Kindy Enrolments are now close to being full.


2024 Student Kindy Enrolments open Term 2, 2023.


In Western Australia, children can start their education in Kindergarten (accepetd kindergarten students at USPS do need to apply for Pre-Primary they are not automatically rolled over). Compulsory schooling starts the following year in Pre-Primary. 


You need to apply to enrol your children in school for 2024 if they are:

  • starting Kindergarten – 4 years old by 30 June 2024
  • starting Pre-primary, the first year of compulsory school – 5 years old by 30 June 2024

For more information on enrolling your child/children in school and for School Age Calculator visit Enrolling in a public school - Department of Education.


Upper Swan Primary School is located on Great Norther Highway in Upper Swan and is a local area intake school. If unsure if you reside in our local intake area please click on address check for local intake. Families that do not reside within the catchment area are welcome to complete an application form. Approval will be at the discretion of the Principal based on class numbers. Futher information on how enrolments are prioritised is available via the following link Enrolment questions.


School Tours


At present school tours are not availble. Please continue to monitor our website for updates.


Application to enrol at Upper Swan Primary School


Please complete and return the following forms to the school office or by email to enrol your child/children at Upper Swan Primary School. All applications must have the below documents 1-5. Any incomplete applications will not be acccepted.


1. Application form 

Please click on Application for Enrolment to complete the editable pdf.


2. New Student Questionnaire (PP - Year 6 only)

Please click on New Student Questionnaire to download the form to complete.


3. Copy of your child's Birth Certificate

  • Students who are not Australian Citizens must present their passport and visa grant notice at the time of application.
  • If your child is born in Australia but both parents are born overseas, we will require a copy of the child’s Australian passport or parents’ citizenship documents to determine if the child is eligible for Australian citizen.  For more information on this please refer to the Department of Home Affairs website.


4. Proof of your Residential Address

Utlilty Bill (water, Gas, Electricity), Driver's Licence, Rates OR Rental Agreement  (with a minimum of 12 months tenancy from date of enrolment) is accepted. 


5. Latest School Report (PP - Year 6 only)


6. Health Conditions

If your child has a medical or health condition – please advise the Administration Officer when submitting your application form. This will ensure we have all the correct procedures in place to assist your child.


7. Access Restrictions

Parents/carers are reminded that the School Education Act 1999 obliges parents/carers to inform schools of any family court orders or other orders which are applicable to their children. Any changes to orders must be provided to the school as soon as possible.


8. Special Needs

Parents/carers of students with special needs are asked to contact the school at the time of application, to discuss their child’s unique requirements. This will ensure that the most appropriate program is put in place to meet the needs of your child. 



Should you have any further queries please contact our school office by email upperswan.ps@education.wa.edu.au or phone 9297 7050.